- Elite†, Executive Savings Plan†, Flexible Growth Plan†, International Investment Account†, International Pension Plan†, International Savings Plan†, Premier†, Premier II†, Premier Investment Plan†, Premier Ultra†, Summit†, Summit II† and Zenith† (collectively, the ‘Schemes’) are investment-linked assurance schemes under Class C linked long-term business as defined in the Insurance Companies Ordinance. They are life insurance policies issued by Friends Provident International Limited (‘Friends Provident International’). They are not funds authorised by the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission (‘SFC’) pursuant to the Code on Unit Trusts and Mutual Funds.
† These schemes are not available to new investors and are no longer marketed to the public in Hong Kong. All information about these schemes is only for existing policyholders.
- The premiums you pay, after the deduction of any applicable fees and charges of your policy, will be invested by Friends Provident International in the ‘underlying funds’ corresponding to the investment-linked funds you selected and will accordingly go towards accretion of the value of your policy. Your policy value will be calculated by Friends Provident International based on the performance of the underlying funds corresponding to the investment-linked funds you selected from time to time and the ongoing fees and charges which will continue to be deducted from your policy value.
- Note, however, that all premiums you pay towards your policy, and any investments made by Friends Provident International in the underlying funds corresponding to the investment-linked funds you selected, will become and remain the assets of Friends Provident International. You do not have any rights or ownership over any of those assets. Your recourse is against Friends Provident International only.
- Due to the various fees and charges levied by Friends Provident International on your policy, the return on your policy as a whole may be lower than the return of the underlying funds corresponding to the investment-linked funds you selected.
- The investment-linked funds available under the Schemes can have very different features and risk profiles. Some may be of high risk.
- The Schemes are designed to be held for a long-term period. Early surrender or withdrawal of your policy may result in a significant loss of principal and bonuses awarded. Poor performance of underlying funds may further magnify your investment losses, while all charges are still deductible.
- Credit and insolvency risks – The Schemes are insurance policies issued by Friends Provident International. Your investments are subject to the credit risks of Friends Provident International.
- Foreign exchange risks – The investment returns of your policy may be subject to foreign exchange risks as some of the investment-linked funds may be denominated in a currency which is different from that of your policy.
- Investment involves risks and the value of investments may go up as well as down. Investment returns are not guaranteed. Past performance should not be viewed as an indication of future performance.
- You should not purchase any one of the Schemes unless you understand it and it has been explained to you how it is suitable for you. The final decision is yours. Friends Provident International strongly advises you to speak to your financial adviser before making any investment decisions.
- Please do not rely on the information in this website alone. For details of the features, including risk factors, fees and charges, of the Schemes, please refer to their respective offering documents.
Investment-linked funds information
The underlying investments of the investment-linked funds are unit trusts/mutual funds authorised by SFC. Such authorisation does not imply official recommendation. SFC authorisation is not a recommendation or endorsement of the unit trusts/mutual funds nor does it guarantee the commercial merits of the unit trusts/mutual funds or their performance. It does not mean the unit trusts/mutual funds are suitable for all investors nor is it an endorsement of its suitability for any particular investor or class of investors.
You should read the corresponding offering documents (including Product Key Facts Statement) of the underlying funds, which will be made available by our Hong Kong office upon request for details of the underlying funds (including, without limitation, their investment objectives and policies, risk factors and charges).
To find out more about the risk/reward profile, please click here.
|Code of investment-linked fund||Name of investment-linked fund||Currency of investment-linked fund||Risk/reward profile|
|P65||Aberdeen Standard SICAV I Asia Pacific Equity||USD||Grade 5|
|P33||Aberdeen Standard SICAV I All China Equity Fund||USD||Grade 5|
|R11||Aberdeen Standard SICAV I Emerging Markets Smaller Companies||USD||Grade 5|
|P54||Aberdeen Standard SICAV I Indian Equity||USD||Grade 5|
|J96||Aberdeen Standard SICAV I Global Innovation Equity||USD||Grade 5|
|R62||Allianz GEM Equity High Dividend||USD||Grade 5|
|J48||Allianz Emerging Asia Equity||USD||Grade 5|
|R63||Allianz Japan Equity||USD||Grade 5|
|R44||Allianz Total Return Asian Equity||USD||Grade 5|
|L26||Alquity Africa||USD||Grade 5|
|J03||Barings Asia Growth||USD||Grade 5|
|M56||Barings Australia||USD||Grade 5|
|P48||Barings Eastern Europe||USD||Grade 5|
|J27||Barings Developed and Emerging Markets High Yield Bond Fund||USD||Grade 3|
|P87||Barings Global Bond (EUR)||EUR||Grade 3|
|M57||Barings Global Bond (USD)||USD||Grade 3|
|M55||Barings Hong Kong & China||USD||Grade 5|
|J46||Barings Korea Feeder||USD||Grade 5|
|P56||BlackRock Japan Opportunities||USD||Grade 5|
|P69||BlackRock Sustainable Energy||USD||Grade 5|
|L83||BlackRock United Kingdom (GBP)||GBP||Grade 4|
|L84||BlackRock Emerging Markets Corporate Bond (USD)||USD||Grade 3|
|J77||BlackRock US Flexible Equity||USD||Grade 4|
|M82||BlackRock World Gold||USD||Grade 5|
|P70||BlackRock World Mining||USD||Grade 5|
|P89||BNP Paribas Brazil Equity||USD||Grade 5|
|L47||Fidelity America||USD||Grade 4|
|L12||Fidelity EMEA||USD||Grade 5|
|J84||Fidelity Euro Blue Chip||EUR||Grade 5|
|J87||Fidelity Euro Bond||EUR||Grade 2|
|L46||Fidelity Global Dividend||USD||Grade 4|
|P78||Fidelity Global Property (USD)||USD||Grade 5|
|L85||Fidelity US Dollar Bond||USD||Grade 3|
|R30||FSSA Asian Equity Plus||USD||Grade 4|
|R51||FSSA China Growth||USD||Grade 5|
|R31||FSSA Greater China Growth||USD||Grade 5|
|L39||Franklin Biotechnology Discovery||USD||Grade 5|
|P51||Franklin Mutual European||EUR||Grade 5|
|J55||HSBC Chinese Equity||USD||Grade 5|
|J56||HSBC Hong Kong Equity||USD||Grade 5|
|L14||HSBC Russia Equity||USD||Grade 5|
|R25||Invesco Asia Opportunities Equity||USD||Grade 5|
|J02||Invesco Asian Equity||USD||Grade 5|
|L40||Invesco Continental European Small Cap Equity||USD||Grade 5|
|J38||Invesco Emerging Markets Equity||USD||Grade 5|
|P74||Invesco Euro Corporate Bond||EUR||Grade 2|
|J57||Invesco Global Health Care||USD||Grade 5|
|M87||Invesco Global Small Cap Equity||USD||Grade 5|
|L45||Invesco India Bond||USD||Grade 3|
|J58||Invesco US Equity||USD||Grade 5|
|L86||JPMorgan India Smaller Companies (USD)||USD||Grade 5|
|J36||Ninety One GS European Equity||USD||Grade 5|
|P47||Ninety one GS Global Energy||USD||Grade 5|
|J06||Ninety One GS Global Equity||USD||Grade 4|
|J74||Ninety One GS Global Strategic Equity||USD||Grade 5|
|J43||Ninety One GS Global Multi-Asset Income||USD||Grade 3|
|M65||Ninety One GS Sterling Money||GBP||Grade 1|
|M66||Ninety One GS US Dollar Money||USD||Grade 1|
|P61||Janus Henderson Horizon Asia-Pacific Income||USD||Grade 5|
|R98||Janus Henderson Horizon China Opportunities||USD||Grade 5|
|L19||JPM Global Natural Resources||USD||Grade 5|
|L18||JPM Global Unconstrained Equity||USD||Grade 5|
|R09||JPM Taiwan||USD||Grade 5|
|J42||JPM USD Money Market VNAV||USD||Grade 1|
|R08||JPMorgan ASEAN||USD||Grade 4|
|J34||JPMorgan Asia Growth||USD||Grade 5|
|P66||JPMorgan Asian Smaller Companies||USD||Grade 5|
|J30||JPMorgan India||USD||Grade 5|
|L36||JPMorgan Indonesia||USD||Grade 5|
|J32||PMorgan Pacific Securities||USD||Grade 5|
|J95||JPMorgan Pacific Technology||USD||Grade 5|
|J47||JPMorgan Thailand||USD||Grade 5|
|S112||Jupiter Financial Innovation||USD||Grade 5|
|P67||Mellon Global Bond (USD)||USD||Grade 2|
|L42||Natixis Harris Associates Global Equity||USD||Grade 5|
|L21||Pictet Global Environmental Opportunities||USD||Grade 5|
|L33||PIMCO Global High Yield Bond||USD||Grade 3|
|L22||PIMCO Global Real Return||USD||Grade 3|
|J76||Principal European Equity||USD||Grade 5|
|M83||Schroder Asian Bond Total Return||USD||Grade 3|
|L38||Schroder Frontier Markets Equity||USD||Grade 5|
|R34||Schroder Global Climate Change Equity||USD||Grade 5|
|P90||Schroder Global Corporate Bond (USD)||USD||Grade 2|
|R33||Schroder Global Equity Yield (EUR)||EUR||Grade 4|
|R32||Schroder Global Equity Yield (USD)||USD||Grade 4|
|L37||Schroder Global Multi-Asset Income (GBP HDG)||GBP||Grade 3|
|L41||Schroder Global Multi-Asset Income (USD)||USD||Grade 3|
|P83||Schroder Global Cities Real Estate (EUR)||EUR||Grade 4|
|P82||Schroder Global Cities Real Estate (USD)||USD||Grade 4|
|J71||Schroder Japanese Opportunities||USD||Grade 5|
|J37||Schroder Latin American||USD||Grade 5|
|R52||Schroder Middle East||USD||Grade 5|
|P92||Schroder Strategic Bond (USD)||USD||Grade 2|
|J39||Schroder US Smaller Companies||USD||Grade 5|
|R97||Templeton Asian Bond (USD)||USD||Grade 3|
|P58||Templeton BRIC||USD||Grade 5|
|J60||Templeton Emerging Markets||USD||Grade 5|
|L13||Templeton Emerging Markets Bond||USD||Grade 4|
|L05||Templeton Global Bond (EUR)||EUR||Grade 4|
|L06||Templeton Global Bond (USD)||USD||Grade 4|
|L03||Templeton Global Total Return (EUR)||EUR||Grade 4|
|L04||Templeton Global Total Return (USD)||USD||Grade 4|
|P52||Templeton Latin America||USD||Grade 5|
|L51||Value Partners Greater China High Yield Income||USD||Grade 4|
|P40||Value Partners High-Dividend Stocks||USD||Grade 4|